Tuesday 27 December 2016

SVF15A13SNS VAIO Control Center options missing

QUESTION:

                I have a Sony VAIO laptop (Model: SVF15A13SNS, Original OS : Win 8; Architecture : 64-bit). I updated to Windows 10 Home last year when it was launched by Microsoft and everything was working fine. Due to a hard drive failure, I had to perform a clean install of Windows 10 Home from the bootable CD two months ago, which I had created at the time of up gradation from Windows 8 to Windows 10 Home.

 Currently I am having two issues:

1) Device Manager:
One of the drivers (Other Devices) in Device Manager screen shows yellow exclamation mark. When I right click and try to update driver from online database it does nothing after saying Windows could not find driver software for your unknown device.

 2) Vaio Control Center:
I have a lot of options missing in Vaio Control Center. Therefore, I can't adjust many settings for my Vaio, including the Keyboard Backlight. I have tried to reinstall the Control Center (bundled in the Hotkeys Utility on my PC's support page) with no improvement.
 Any assistance is much appreciated.


SOLUTION: 

We always recommend performing an upgrade instead of a clean install of Windows 10. There are drivers that cannot be downloaded from Sony support website. Kindly download ALL Windows 10 drivers and software for your computer by running Vaio Update and Windows Update. Another option is by visiting Sony support website and download the drivers manually. 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/locale-selector?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific

 Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.